The computers and project rooms provided for Library Users is to ensure that such resources allow for students and staff to have access to facilities that will aid in their learning. The Library expects that users will handle the facilities with due care and users should not abuse their privilege.
Users of Computers will be subject to Disciplinary Action should they be found:
- Accessing of undesirable Internet sites and downloading, printing and circulating of undesirable materials.
- Sharing passwords or using another user’s account and password. Computer accounts and passwords must be kept strictly confidential.
- Changing the PC system setup – including the installation of software not owned by the Library.
- Duplicating or downloading any software or media. This infringes copyright regulations and offenders will be liable for legal action.
Watching movie video AV in the Library, whether the DVD is personal copy or loan items from library contravenes copyright laws and offenders will be liable for legal action.
Disciplinary Action may be taken against those who do the following:
- Vandalising the room and equipment.
- Consuming food within the premises.
- Making excessive noise.